7/15/2015

How To Deal With Summertime Sadness


I decided to name this post with 'sadness' because I feel like this is the most generic feeling these symptoms have in common. So, if you suffer from extreme boredom, Summertime depression, negativity or whatever that makes you feel bad and you need to change, this post is for you.

Many times I've felt very bad, like I didn't matter and I wasn't good enough. At those times, I felt moody, unmotivated, lazy. I had projects in my mind, but I didn't feel like getting up from the sofa and starting to make them. Instead, I spent hours and hours on the phone, just checking out instagram, twitter & whatsapp, seeing how everybody was having fun but me. 

The worst thing was I knew I was feeling like that and I knew it wasn't right at all. I was conscious of my state and it was horrible. I felt so unbalanced. I argued with my family and friends and I just couldn't find a solution anywhere in my mind. I knew I was wrong. I knew I was being selfish or stupid. I just couldn't find that 'click' in my mind that would make me stop it all and tell them how sorry I was for being such a incomprehensible person. 

It doesn't matter whether you are 15, 23 or 30. We all go through this sometimes. A teenager might not suffer these kind of feelings because of the same thing as a thirty year old, but that doesn't mean one of them can do nothing to get over it. 

It's totally normal to feel bad about everything sometimes. In my opinion, it's just a beautiful process of inner knowledge. I see it like a present from life. There's nothing more wild, natural and precious than the wonderful way we need to follow to get to know ourselves better.

I feel like I am more familiar to the teenager ones probably because of my age, but I'm quite positive about these tips and ideas being helpful for everybody. I'm not a psychologist or anything like that, but these ideas have always been good for me. They might not be useful for you, but you can always try and I promise they'll make a change, even if it's small. Here I go:


1. Look for a notebook & keep it as your emotions journal


I find this very useful. Whenever you feel bad just write it down. You will feel much better then. I find this better than talking to anybody because I have millions of thoughts and feelings which I don't even know how to express and sometimes I end up regretting (in a good way) because my negativity at those moments just won't let me think clearly. You can write words, draw or whatever you find necessary to express them.

After I have let my thoughts go I feel much better, but now it's time to find a solution. I continue by writting this: 

1. Possible causes of my problem
2. What can I make to change it (you can ALWAYS change it)
3. Why do I want to change it
4. Ideas

2. Set goals & achieve them


For example, just using the phone two hours a day or waking up at 8am every day. Print planners or checklists like this one I posted a few days ago, so you accomplish your goals every day. I find like using this kind of printables is the only way I can accomplish things that usually require a big effort.


3. Practise sport daily


I know, I know, this is soooo hard! But it's VERY necessary. If you don't like running, just don't go running because it won't last for more than 2 days. Be realistic. If you like dancing, DANCE. Do whatever that you know you'll accomplish and you won't spend the whole day thinking about and being like: no, I don't want to do it. Oh, my feet hurt so much! But if I go, I might(...) (that's so me). Sport will make you feel VERY HAPPY aftewards. 


4. Make a wall planner or use an agenda & plan your days

                                                                                                          Image from here

Yes, plan your days. Every day. Even if then you realise you had an appointment later. It doesn't matter. Think of things you want to do and set one day for each. You can change it later. The important thing is that you have a cool plan every day.


5. Meditate 10 minutes every day


This is just so helpful! It's hard to take 10 minutes and do it every day, but when I do it I see the change. I feel more conscious about everything and I can say 'sorry' easily when I realise I'm wrong. I feel grateful. Negative thoughts go away. There are lots of posts about mindfulness and meditation online, but please, make sure they are trustful before starting to follow them.


6. Change your negative thoughts into positive ones


You have to make sure that you know negative thoughts don't define you. By that I just mean that you can NOT listen to them. Whatever you get a negative thought on yourself or anybody else or anything, just don't listen to them. Tell: "I don't trust you. I'm not like that." and change it for a possitive thought. This might sound crazy, but you'll end up thinking possitively. 

"Try to say nothing negative about anybody for three days for forty five days for three months. See what happens to your life." (youself & anyTHING are included here)


7. Make a lists of movies & books

                                                                  I do not own this picture
Look for their links and have them prepared for when you feel bored or feeling bad. They will make you forget about everything.


8. Go out A LOT


Last but not least. Meet your friends. Meet new people. LAUGH. SMILE. LOVE. This is SO important. Even if you don't feel like seeing anybody, make an effort and say YES, I'M COMING.


I really hope these tips and ideas make you feel better and help you get balanced. I promise everything will get better. You probably just have to make a tiny effort. MAKE IT, please. 


If you ever need someone to talk to or ANY help, write me an email to freearthclothing@gmail.com I'll get in touch with you. 



LOTS OF LOVE :)  XX



I don't own any of these two quote
pictures. I found them on Pinterest. If you know who created them, please tell me and I'll happily give them credits or I'll delete them. Thanks :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know from you! :)